GEEK VAPE ILLUSION MINI TANK INTRO
Geek Vape has been churning out amazing tanks and atomizers, so I got pretty excited when I heard they’d be releasing the Illusion Subohm Tank.
The Illusion Mini looks just like most other basic tanks. It’s simple in design, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
The top cap can be removed for top filling and it has dual airflow slots at the bottom. The e-liquid capacity for a mini tank is okay at 3ml, and I’m really impressed with the build quality.
The diameter of the tank comes in at 25mm, so it might have some overhang with some mods. One of the things I like most about this take is that it’s compatible with a number of coil heads, and this includes several from other manufacturers.
For instance, you can use coil heads from the TFV8 Baby, the iJust, iJust s2, iJust mini, and the list goes on.
Inside the box, it includes one iM4 quad coil head, and one iM1 single coil head. the iM4 head is superb, though not the same could be said about the iM1 coil.
The iM1 coil produces okay flavour, but it’s not anywhere near as good a flavour as I’d expect. This makes the compatibility feature much more attractive. If this tank didn’t have this feature I’d have been pretty disappointed to say the least.
I got a few dry hits whilst vaping at 60 to 70 watts, but I found it was fine when I stuck to 40 to 50 watts.
Unfortunately they do not include an RBA section for those of you that like building your own coils. There is one available, but you have to buy it separately, and it’s a single coil affair.
This will suit new builders who want something simple to build on, but for me it’s a little too basic so I haven’t gone out and bought one.
When it came to cleaning the Illusion Mini Tank it was a bit of a pain. Mainly because it was so hard to get the Pyrex glass off. I’m not sure if this is a common problem or not, but it’s worth knowing in case you run into this problem too should you grab it.
- 1 x illusion Mini Tank (IM4 0.15ohm)
- 1 x IM1 0.5 Coil
- 1 x 510 Drip tip
- 1 x Extra glass tube
- 1 x User Manual
- Spare Parts
- 25mm Diameter
- 3mL Juice Capacity
- Superior Stainless Steel Construction
- Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Performance Illusion Mini iM Coil Series
- 0.15ohm iM4 Quadruple Coil – rated for 50-120W, recommended 60-80W
- 0.5ohm iM1 Single Coil – rated for 40-70W
- Optional RBA Base – Two-Post Single Coil Design
- High-Grade Organic Cotton
- Dual Slotted Adjustable Airflow
- Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
- Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- Adjustable Gold-Plated 510 Connection
- iM1 Coil – It works, but does not perform as well as the iM4 coil head. Best kept as an emergency backup
- Glass and Cleaning – The glass part of the tank is very difficult to remove, making cleaning a chore
- RBA section – Aside from not being included in the package, the RBA section itself can only accommodate single coils. However, while some may not like Geek Vape’s decision to go single coil, beginners will appreciate it as it isn’t confusing to build on
- Top Fill – The threaded top cap gives you a fast and efficient way to fill the tank
- Dual Airflow Control – The large dual airflow holes enable you to fine tune your vape any time
- iM4 Coil – The included quad coil head is superb
- Coil Head Adaptor – The inclusion of the adapter lets you use coil heads from other manufacturers, giving you an unparalleled range of coil head choices
- Design – The simple design is classic and does not distract you from what it’s supposed to do
SHOULD YOU GET THE ILLUSION MINI TANK?
This is a good, solid tank. The Illusion Mini Subohm Tank is easy to use, it’s compatible with a number of coil heads, and if you get the optional RBA deck, you’ll have an easy and simple deck to build on.
At the price, I’d recommend it as a solid backup for all vapers, and it’s a good introduction to the world of subohm vaping.