JOYETECH CUBOID INTRO
If you’re looking for more affordable box mod that has all the features of a more expensive mod you’ll often find that your options generally end up having to forego power or other features in order to achieve this.
There are units out there that deliver all of that at an affordable price, and the Joyetech Cuboid 150W is one of them.
Let’s take a little bit of a closer look at it…
PACKAGING & DESIGN
This device is more about the features than the packaging, so don’t expect to be too blown away by the box that it comes in.
The vaporizer itself comes in your choice of grey, black, or stainless steel.
It has an output range between 1 and 150W, which can actually be upgraded to 200W if you upgrade the firmware with the USB cable that comes as part of the kit.
- 1 x Cuboid (no cell)
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Warranty Card
- Dimensions: 3-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ x 1-1/8″
- Stainless Steel 510 Threads
- Temperature Control: Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel 316 and TCR Mode
- Output Wattage: 1-150W
- Temperature Control Range: 100 – 315C / 200 – 600F
- Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for Variable Temperature Mode
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.5ohm for Variable Wattage Mode
- Requires (2) 18650 High Amp Batteries (sold separately)
- Upgradable Firmware
- Multi-Colored 0.96-inch OLED Screen
- Dual Battery Display Bar
- New Slip-Open Battery Cover for Simple Battery Changes
- Micro USB Port for Firmware Updates and Charging
- Reverse Battery Polarity Protection
- New Firmware V3.10 for Cuboid Available
The biggest selling point of this unit, other than the price, is the amount you can do with the wattage and temperature control settings.
Out of the box, the Cuboid can go all the way up to 150W, but with a simple firmware upgrade, you can take that up to 200W.
Full details on how to do that are provided at the Joyetech website.
While you probably won’t need that much power unless your cloud chasing, it’s still worth taking advantage of the upgrade in order to make the unit that little bit more versatile.
Another major plus is the ability to add all kinds of different atomizers thanks to the 510 connector.
Things can get a little tricky when changing the builds, mostly because the gold-plated spring loaded contact can be a little frustrating.
There is a contact screw that can be adjusted, and a little bit of fiddling with that can take away any of the problems that you might have with connecting new atomizers.
If you intend to build your own coils you will be pleased to learn that the Cuboid comes with built in safety measures that will not allow the unit to fire if it deems any build to be unsafe.
The downside here is that you may not be able to power all the way up to 200W with your builds as the device will set boundaries based on the set-up that you have in place.
The OLED display is on the smaller side, but it is definitely clear and easy to read.
All of the important information is on display, and you can use the buttons below the screen to access the menu and change your settings.
You have the option to change the font and add icons, which adds an even more unique look.
The display does scratch quite easily so you may want to consider investing in a protector.
The Joyetech Cuboid 150W is powered by a pair of 18650 batteries, although it should be noted that they are not included with your purchase.
I would recommend buying a couple of sets of rechargeable batteries, just so that you always have a pair charged and ready to go.
Access to the battery compartment is via a hinged door that is easy to open and close.
A reverse polarity safety feature is part of the set-up, so you never have to worry about putting the batteries in the wrong way.
- The spring-loaded contact pin can make adding non-Joyetech atomizers tricky
- If you go with the black model, expect the paint to chip and peel a little
- Mod builders may not like the maximum wattage restrictions of the Cuboid
- A little on the heavy side
- The price of the Cuboid is outstanding, as you can generally get it for between £35 and £70
- It’s sturdy and well-built
- Personalize it by creating your own icons
- Consistently and accurately fires to your preferred settings
- Automatic power setting feature is great for when you’re running low on battery power
SHOULD YOU GET THE CUBOID?
For the price, it has to be said that this is a fantastic little box mod, especially when you consider that a firmware upgrade can take you all the way up to 250W.
The issues that the Cuboid has are all things that can easily be fixed.
The price point of this MOD will make it an attractive choice for both new and experienced vapers.
All in all, a pretty decent investment.