SMOK STICK ONE BASIC INTRO
Anyone who has ever tried to quit smoking knows that it can be a thankless task, especially if you are choosing to get your nicotine kicks from a vape pen instead of a cigarette.
There are so many choices out there that choosing the right one can become an exercise in futility. If you are considering making a switch to vaping, you may be looking for an all in one kit that is easy to use.
Something that delivers the throat hit and flavour that you get from a traditional cigarette. All without having to shell out a fortune to make it happen.
The SMOK Stick One Basic Kit certainly delivers all that you need to get started with vaping right now, but does it deliver the goods in terms of performance? Let’s take a closer look.
PACKAGING & DESIGN
The packaging of this one pretty much sums up the name of this e-cig in that it is basic.
The box that it comes in is relatively plain, but you really don’t expect much else from a low price electronic cigarette such as the one that SMOK are delivering here.
The design of the unit itself is actually very nice indeed, with my personal favourite being the black device with some red accents.
There are a few different colour options to choose from, and they are all aesthetically pleasing.
At first glance, with all the pieces put together, you get what amounts to a very sleek looking pen style vape.
- 1 x Leak Proof Top Fill Tank
- 1 x eGo Cloud Battery 2200mAh
- 1 x Nano TFV4 Tank 19mm
- 1 x 0.3ohm Micro fused Clapton Dual Coil pre-installed in tank
- 1 x 0.25ohm Micro stainless Steel Dual Coil
- 1 x SMOK Silicone Vape Band
- 1 x Silicone Tank Dust Cap
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 1 x Micro USB Charging Cable
- 19mm Diameter
- eGo Cloud Battery
- Nano TFV4 Sub-Ohm TC Tank
- Integrated 2200mAh Battery
- Direct Voltage Output System
- Operating Voltage Range: 3.4~4.2V
- Charging Voltage and Current: 5V 0.8A
- Single Button Operation
- Intelligent Battery Life Indicator
- 2ml Juice Well
- Convenient Top-Fill Design with Hinge Lock
- Quad Adjustable Airflow Control at Base
- Double-Layered Barrel Drip Tip
- Interchangeable Coil Heads
- 3ohm Micro CLP2 Coil Head
- 25ohm Micro STC2 Coil Head
- 8 Seconds Protection
- Low Resistance Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Low Voltage Protection
- MicroUSB Charging Port – Passthrough Capability
If you’re already familiar with electronic cigarettes and think that this thing looks a lot like an eGo vape pen, it’s because it is essentially the same battery used on those units.
Looks aside, this makes it an e-cig that is easy to use right out of the box.
All of the separate pieces connect together with no fuss, and you can literally be vaping within seconds of pushing the power button to warm things up.
While this device is indeed easy to use, there are some real issues with it, which is something that I will discuss in the upcoming tank and battery sections.
These are things that you should really consider before deciding whether or not to but this particular electronic cigarette, as they may end up being a deal breaker for many.
There are two different versions of the SMOK Stick Kit (Basic and Plus) available, and the tank you get will be dependent on the one you choose.
The performance for both is basically the same even though they use different coils. The tanks are versions of the SMOK TFV4 Nano Tank, and they’re no slouch.
Lets’ now talk more about that battery.
This Basic ONE comes with an eGo Cloud 2200maH battery, which tend to find on a number of other vape pens.
If you opt for the One Plus Kit instead you will receive a more powerful battery.
It’s a fairly basic battery, and one that seems at odds with the rank that it is powering.
It’s not the battery that is totally at fault for the aforementioned issues, though, as the size of the tank used here is large, and it is probably going to overheat to some extent, regardless of battery.
- Tank has a tendency to overheat
- Poor flavour delivery
- Tank only holds 2ml of liquid
- The TFV4 tank is a top loader that is very easy to fill
- Great price point for a starter kit
- Easy to put together and use
- Nice vapour clouds
- Replacement pieces included in the kit
SHOULD YOU GET SMOK STICK BASIC ONE KIT?
The pros and cons with the SMOK Stick Basic One Kit pretty much even out, making this an electronic cigarette that is both hard to totally recommend or dismiss.
There are certainly elements to like here, and that may be enough for people new to vaping or who are trying to kick the smoking habit.
On the whole, I think you’ll find you have better options if you continue to look around. Feel free to check out our top 10 All-In-One Mods of 2017 here of 2017.