VAPOPURIZ ONE INTRO
The Vapouriz ONE Sub Series Box Mod Kit is an all-in-one (AIO) kit giving you everything you need to start sub-ohm vaping. Safely.
There are a few of these all-in-one’s floating about now, but it’s rare to come across a sub-ohm AIO kit.
It’s a fixed 50-watt device – some of you may like this and it may put some of you off, but we’ll take a closer look at it to see how it performs.
But first, let’s see what’s included….
PACKAGING & DESIGN
The ONE box mod comes in a standard box with a very striking design.
Once you open the box you’ll find an attractive box mod that looks more like a stylized angular tube rather than a box.
Futuristic in looks, it’s surprisingly easy to hold due to the ergonomic angles. There is a single button near the top of the device and nothing more.
No adjustment buttons, no LED screen, and no battery door, which adds to the mod’s sleek look.
A USB port is located on the bottom though. Unfortunately this means you’ll have to lay the mod on its side while charging.
For me this is a bit of a con due to the inconvenience of having to remove the tank anytime you want to charge it.
Despite the placement of the charging port, the ONE box mod is an overall great looking device that’s well-made and looks like it could last for years.
As a bonus, there’s also a free bottle of e-liquid!
So you get everything you need in the box and everything looks fairly simple to use.
But is it?
- 1 x Vapouriz ONE 50w Fixed Watt Box Mod
- 1 x Vapouriz One Atomizer
- 1 x USB Charge Cable
- 1 x FREE bottle of E-Liquid
- Fixed at 50w
- 0.3 ohm coils
- Ergonomic Design
The ONE box mod is simple enough that the most novice vaper could get by using it even without an instruction manual.
It comes with a spring loaded 510 connector, and so far all the atomisers I’ve tried sit nice and flush
Being fixed at 50 watts, you don’t need to fiddle with adjustments and settings to start vaping.
The most complicated thing you’ll be up against is replacing the coils, which has been made pretty simple too.
There is only one button on the device, which is used to fire the mod. If you’re wondering whether the fixed wattage is a good idea, it can go both ways.
It may be enough for your needs, but some of you might prefer the option to increase and decrease the wattage as this is a common feature on most MODs now-a-days.
One thing I will say is that 50 watts is plenty of power and not far from the average wattage I usually vape at – so for me, this wattage is on the mark.
If you’re a fan of simplicity then you’ll probably like the ONE box.
But before you decide if it’s for you, let’s take a closer look at the battery…
Despite being powered by a standard 18650 battery, Vapouriz decided to make it non-removable.
This means you can only charge via USB, and having a non-removable 18650 is always more of a con for me.
I did manage to get just about a full days’ use in a full charge, but as the battery gets used more, this may die off over the coming months.
Since the charging port is located at the bottom of the device, you’d have to lay the mod on its side, which for me is another subjective con.
To add to the hassle, there is no pass through charging capabilities. So you’re left with nothing to vape on while you charge the ONE box mod.
If you have another device, this shouldn’t be too much of a problem, but if you don’t, it could leave you in trouble.
Let look at the tank where things start to improve….
The ONE Atomiser is essentially a tank with a 2ml capacity. A 0.3 ohm coil is included, giving you sub-ohm capabilities right out of the box.
The tank has an adjustable airflow and has a removable drip tip in case you want to use your own.
The 510 pin is not adjustable, but this won’t matter since the MOD’s 510 connector is spring-loaded.
I liked the flavour the coils produced, and the vapour production is also good – pretty much what you’d expect from vaping a 0.3 ohm coil through 50 watts of power.
The tank can get a little hot after a couple of deep inhales, but this isn’t uncommon with many tanks.
Unless you’re sitting there constantly taking long inhale after another you’ll be fine.
One other small problem I have is that the tank doesn’t completely dismantle. This makes it difficult to clean.
I don’t come across many tanks that don’t fully dismantle so it’s not something I’ve noticed before. But it is something worth mentioning due to the inconvenience.
Overall, the tank performs really well in the two most important departments: flavour and vapour. No complaints.
- Micro USB port placement – Charging ports at the bottom of devices mean you can’t stand them up while charging
- No Pass-through – No vaping while charging
- Fixed 50 watts – This swings both ways. Some love it, others hate it. Personally, lack of control is a negative, but that’s because I’m used to devices that allow you to adjust, and it’s become my preference
- Non-removable battery – This is not usually a huge negative, but since the mod has no passthrough capabilities, having a non-removable battery complicates things
- Tank only 2ml capacity – Not enough to last a whole day so expect to refill several times a day
- Tank has non-adjustable 510 pin – A very small con as this limits the number of mods you can use the tank on, but by no means a con for this device
- Tank cannot be dismantled completely – Cleaning won’t be as straightforward since there will be parts you can’t reach that will merit an overnight soaking. Again, not a deal breaker, but has to be said.
- Free E-Liquid – always nice to get free juice in a starter kit
- Well-designed and ergonomic – Looks nice and feels great in my hand
- Quality Build – Great build quality to match its looks
- Clicky Buttons – I like clicky buttons, for me it’s a sign of good quality
- Spring loaded 510 – Ensures most other atomisers and tanks you use will fit flush to the mod
- Two coils included – In case one burns out, you have another to use while searching for replacements
- Tank has adjustable airflow – Mouth to lung or direct to lung? Doesn’t matter since you can control airflow to match your requirements
- Tank has removable drip tip – A minor feature but allows me to stick on my favourite drip tip
SHOULD YOU GET THE VAPOURIZ ONE?
It’s well-designed, well-made, powerful, and has everything needed to get you started on your sub-ohm journey.
I would recommend it to beginners, but not if you don’t have a back up. It’s not a bad choice for more advanced users either if you want a back-up that’s super simple.
The lack of power control, replaceable batteries, and pass-through charging can be huge deal breakers, especially if you’re buying your first device.
If these missing features don’t bother you or you have a device you own already then I’d have to say that the ONE Box is a pretty good choice and you shouldn’t be disappointed.