Wismec has been churning out great mods after another, especially with its two power mods, the RX 200 and RX 2/3.
Continuing on with their killer lineup, they’ve come up with a more compact version of the massively popular RX 200: the RXmini Kit Plus.
While not as powerful as its big brother, the RXmini still has some serious kick to it.
Let’s take a look…
PACKAGING & DESIGN
Upon first glance, the RXmini looks a lot like the RX 200, albeit in a much smaller form factor.
It shares the same ergonomic design though space limitations shifts the adjustment buttons from the front down to the bottom of the device, which makes it a pain to adjust.
To make it worse, the buttons are tiny. If you have big fingers, you’ll need to use your fingernails to adjust settings.
The fire button, on the other hand, is big and easy to access. Situated just above the large OLED screen on the front of the device, you won’t have any problem firing the RXmini.
Below the OLED screen, is the micro USB input for charging and upgrading the device.
The Mini RX has a spring loaded 510 connector, though it is a little stiff. This has caused some of my atomisers to have a small gap between it and the mod.
Also, due to the MOD being so miniature you will get a little overhang from 24mm atomisers and above.
All in all, the RXmini and the Reux Mini Tank are well-made with a solid and premium in feel. There are a couple of small issues, but these don’t detract from the overall build quality of the kit.
- 1 x Reuleaux RXmini
- 1 x Reux Mini Tank
- 2 x Triple 0.2Ω Head
- 1 x Sticker
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 2 x User Manual (Reuleaux RXmini & Reux Mini)
- Dimensions: 44.5*33.5*58mm
- Internal 2100mAh Battery
- Wattage Range: 1W – 80W
- Temperature Range: 200°F – 600°F / 100°C – 315°C
- Resistance Range:
- Output Modes: VW, Bypass, TC(Ni, Ti, SS), TCR
- Maximum Charge Current: 1A
- Maximum Output Current: 25A
- OLED Display
- Spring Loaded 510 Pin
- Flagship Reuleaux Design
- Ergonomic Shape
- Micro USB Port (Upgrading & Charging)
- Dual Circuit Protection
- Dimensions: 46*22mL
- 2mL Tank Capacity
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Convenient Top Fill
- Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tip
- Adjustable Airflow
The RXmini is rife with features that other mini mods only dream about.
Able to put out up to 80 watts of power, the device also has temperature control with a range from 200°F – 600°F (100°C – 315°C) with support for Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel coils.
The range of resistances allowed by the mod depends on the mode it is being used. In VW mode, you get a resistance range of 0.1 ohm to 3.5 ohms, while in TC mode, you get 0.05 ohms to 1.5 ohms.
Aside from the two modes, you can also use bypass mode, which essentially turns the device into a mech mod.
Unless you’re an experienced vaper, I highly recommend that you stick to variable wattage or temp control mode for your safety.
The RXmini has the rare functionality setting of being able to preheat your coils, and it works well. Another rare feature for a mini-mod is the ability to upgrade the firmware to keep it up to date.
The RXmini has a large OLED display similar to that found in the RX 200 and RX 2/3.
Bright and easy to read, you’ll have access to all the important information you’ll need at a glance – battery level, power/temperature, voltage, amps, and resistance.
To power the RXmini, there is a built-in, non-replaceable, 2100mAn Li-Ion battery. While this may seem enough for a mini mod, given the max power the RXmini puts out, it could do with more mAh.
At best, you can get a full day out of it vaping at 20 to 30 watts. But if you vape the full 80 watts, you’ll need to charge it a few times in a full day.
REUX MINI TANK
Being a kit, you also get a Reux Mini Tank with the RXmini.
It has a tank capacity of 2ml, and is made from stainless steel. It has top fill capability for convenience, adjustable airflow, and includes a wide bore Delrin drip tip.
This drip tip is removable so you can swap it out with your own. You’ll also find two triple 0.2ohm heads, which produce big clouds and and good flavour.
Overall, I’m impressed with the performance of this tank. It produces good flavour and vapour – I just wish it came with a larger tank.
- Expensive In Some Places – For a mini mod, the price is a little on the steep side at some places at around £50, but there are places you can get it a bit cheaper, which we’ve found for you.
- Stiff 510 Pin – The spring loaded 510 connector is a little stiff, making it hard to fit some atomisers. It’s a problem that Wismec have had on other MODs
- Atomiser gap – Probably related to the stiff 510 connector, some atomisers have a slight gap between it and the mod
- Button layout and size – Having the adjustment buttons placed on the bottom of the device is a con by itself, but to have it so tiny you need to use your fingernails to press it makes it worse
- Atomiser Overhang – 24mm + atomisers have a slight overhang on the mod
- 2100mAh battery – While good enough for a mini mod, battery life could be better
- Upgradeable Firmware – The ability to update and upgrade your device is always a huge plus
- Portability – Small and compact, you can easily take the RXmini anywhere without looking awkward
- Ergonomic – Adapting the ergonomic shape of its larger brothers, the RXmini is a pleasure to hold
- Temperature Control – While standard in larger mods, finding TC in a mini mod is rare and is a welcome feature here
- Intuitive UI – You won’t find yourself lost in the easy to navigate menu system
- Bypass mode – You can use the RXmini as a mech mod, which is great, though not recommended for beginners
- Great board – The board in the RXmini is accurate and efficient
SHOULD YOU GET THE RXMINI?
Despite some of the small problems, the RXmini is still a mini mod worthy of your attention.
With features not found in other mini mods, it’s not often you see a compact device capable of flagship-worthy specifications.
The small cons of this device can easily be overlooked given the functionality and performance.
The tank included performs well enough to have it as a main tank on the mod, which bodes well for the kit.